The Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the monitoring and support of internal and client-facing systems in Azure cloud-based technologies as well as supporting our on-prem servers. Working collaboratively with internal and external customers/stakeholders, the Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure Engineer serves as a subject matter expert for Microsoft Azure and M365, responsible for provisioning, managing, monitoring, and decommissioning Azure-related services.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Work collaboratively with the Engineering and IT&S teams to evaluate, optimize, and maintain current Azure cloud and on-prem environments.
- Monitor and enhance the security of current and future Azure and on-prem environments.
- Evaluate and automate the scaling and capacity requirements within Azure environments.
- Troubleshooting and resolving Azure and on-prem performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Implement new environments in the Azure cloud, as needed.
- Work with teams to integrate Azure infrastructure components into processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology or related field, and 5 or more years of equivalent experience
- 5 years or more of experience in supporting applications and functions in the Azure Cloud. Certification(s) related to the cloud environment preferred, such as MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure and Security.
- Strong experience in implementing, monitoring and maintaining Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to Compute, Storage, Network and Security.
- Strong knowledge of Backup, Restore, Recovery and high availability strategies for Microsoft Azure environments.
- Strong knowledge of IaaS and PaaS services.
- Scripting and automation experience.
- Windows Server and SQL database creation, configuration, upgrade, migration, and patching.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving Azure performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot Azure server and SQL database related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resources.
- Strong understanding and background of working with Azure AD, LDAP and the requirement of strictly following standards, procedures, and processes.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Availability to work night and weekend hours on occasion, as required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills including skills such as research, reasoning, analysis, and decision-making.
- Project management skills including organization and the ability to multitask.
- Professional presence.
- Azure DevOps Pipelines.
- Knowledge of network protocols and routing.
- Knowledge of networking equipment: routing, switching, and firewalls.
Technologies we use:
- Microsoft CRM, SharePoint, Microsoft 365, WebTMA, Apple iPad, Android tablet, iPhone
TMA Systems (TMA) is a technology company located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. For more than 30 years, TMA has been transforming organizations by providing facility professionals with the most technologically advanced Maintenance Management solutions available.
Utilizing WebTMA, TMA’s flagship solution, organizations can manage their strategic assets throughout their entire lifecycle. Our comprehensive web-based solutions are tailored to a variety of industries that have a desire to effectively streamline maintenance operations. TMA is setting new standards for organizations to account for, maintain, and extend the useful life of their physical assets. In a budget conscious world, TMA provides a solution that will maximize return-on-investment (ROI).
We are a global organization with over 1,500 clients that has developed industry-leading solutions based on what our clients need to be successful. How do we achieve this? We solicit our clients and take the time to understand how our products are used in their business; coupled with a culture that produces world-class people with a client-service mindset. At TMA we realize that success is only possible with team members that share our passion for excellence.
Care to join us?
Why work at TMA Systems?
- Competitive compensation plan.
- 401(K) Contribution.
- Employer-paid benefits: health, dental, and vision.
- Professional development plans.
- Career progression/internal mobility opportunities.
- Inclusive work environment.
- Volunteering opportunities.
- Company/team building events.
- This role can be fully remote.