Our Engineering group is seeking an accomplished SQL Server Database Administrator to join our talented team in Tulsa, OK. In this position, you will provide support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support. You will also support database environments with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness to ensure user productivity.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you are instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of new versions of MS SQL Server database and database tools. You may act as a team lead during database implementations and for system operation and maintenance.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Defines database strategy to support our cloud and on-prem database environments.
- Develops automation for environment setup, configuration, deployment, and recovery.
- Continual assessment of database performance and identification of problem areas.
- Designs global solutions for multi-region high availability, cloud failover, and disaster recovery.
- Works with engineering, support, and operations teams during design, development, and implementation of production applications.
- Provides guidance and mentoring across the organization in all aspects of the supported areas.
- Maintains awareness of industry developments, technology, and trends.
- Reviews tools, technologies, and processes to make best practice recommendations.
- Provides technical support for the database environment and provides guidance to the development team on new service implementations.
- Leads database performance benchmarks and implements performance enhancements.
- Manages day-to-day database support and maintenance activities, such as database backup and testing, to meet business and IT needs.
- Develop, manage, and support 24×7 proactive monitoring and alerting for database environments, working with both cloud and development teams to resolve issues as part of on-call support rotation.
- Logical and physical database design and documentation.
- Translation of log files to actionable and measurable tasks.
- Planning and execution of database migrations, combined with modernization, upgrades, transformation, and optimization.
- Responsible for Database Server installation and configuration.
- Infrastructure troubleshooting in partnership with server support team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or other business-related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a DBA in a mixed Operating System environment.
- 5+ years of experience with MS SQL Server or Azure SQL.
- 5+ years of working experience in large enterprise(s).
- Very strong knowledge and experience in DB performance tuning.
- Knowledge of data modeling concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with successful project management.
- Experience with Azure cloud technologies
- Hands On experience with SQL Always-On technology
- MS SQL certifications
- Azure cloud certifications
TMA Systems (TMA) is a technology company located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. For more than 30 years, TMA has been transforming organizations by providing facility professionals with the most technologically advanced Maintenance Management solutions available.
Utilizing WebTMA, TMA’s flagship solution, organizations can manage their strategic assets throughout their entire lifecycle. Our comprehensive web-based solutions are tailored to a variety of industries that have a desire to effectively streamline maintenance operations. TMA is setting new standards for organizations to account for, maintain, and extend the useful life of their physical assets. In a budget conscious world, TMA provides a solution that will maximize return-on-investment (ROI).
We are a global organization with over 1,500 clients that has developed industry-leading solutions based on what our clients need to be successful. How do we achieve this? We solicit our clients and take the time to understand how our products are used in their business; coupled with a culture that produces world-class people with a client-service mindset. At TMA we realize that success is only possible with team members that share our passion for excellence.
Care to join us?
Why work at TMA Systems?
- Competitive compensation plan.
- 401(K) Contribution.
- Employer-paid benefits: health, dental, and vision.
- Professional development plans.
- Career progression/internal mobility opportunities.
- Inclusive work environment.
- Volunteering opportunities.
- Company/team building events.
- This role can be fully remote.