The Manager, Finance & Administration will play a critical role in all matters pertaining to finance and will also work cross-functionally with Sales, Operations, HR, and key external stakeholders (equity and debt holders). This person will be responsible for executing best-in-class strategies and processes and incorporating critical thinking skills to drive operational performance. The individual in this role will be responsible for supporting the VP of Finance & Corporate Development on financial planning and analysis, including: development of the annual budget, forecasting, monthly financial reporting and variance analysis, Board reporting, ad hoc financial and operational analyses, and acquisition evaluations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Ensures financial information has been recorded accurately.
- Conducts special financial and business-related studies and cooperates with other departments in the preparation of analyses.
- Develops financial analyses and identifies emerging trends.
- Provides financial and operational consultative services through collaborative partnerships.
- Recommends and facilitates changes, analyzes and reviews data and resolves questions and/or problems.
- Assists in policy development to support change initiatives.
- Performs cost analysis, financial and expense performance comparisons, calculations of rate of return, cash flows, and forecasting/budgeting.
- Performs due diligence on potential acquisition targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervise/manage a department and provide input towards hiring/firing/performance decisions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience. MBA, CFA, CMA or similar is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (Netsuite) and associated planning tools.
- Advanced analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to multitask and balance several projects at once.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the Company.
- Advanced knowledge of financial modeling and data analysis.
- Experience with buyside M&A due diligence processes.
- Previous experience at a private equity growth stage company.