Establishment and delivery of the Microsoft technology infrastructure, specifically the Windows client/server infrastructure in place at this company. The position will be part of a team responsible for all company server, desktop, network, hardware and software support including the purchase and inventory of related hardware.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures tickets are handled optimally across the business.
- Coordinates IT purchasing with Accounting and Purchasing departments.
- Installs, configures, operates, and maintains hardware and software with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, GPOs, Active Directory, MSSQL Server, IIS, WSUS, Exchange, Load Balancers, and related infrastructure.
- Participates in the design and review of new Windows systems and application deployments, supporting both workstation and servers.
- Coordinates, participates and leads key process improvements for all the Windows environments throughout the organization.
- Performs files system and database configuration and management.
- Coordinates with network engineering, business application, and help desk functions to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of Windows systems to meet corporate objectives.
- Troubleshoots and resolves hardware and software problems, including end user desktop PCs and enterprise data servers.
- Ensures Windows-based workstations and servers comply with established policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines.
- Defines and performs system backups and recovery procedures to ensure full data retrieval.
- Monitors and tests system performance, providing statistics and reports.
- Defines and implements strategies for integrating Windows and non-Windows operating environments.
- Supports application development teams throughout project life cycles.
- Recommends and executes modifications to Windows systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Establishes and implements policies, procedures, and technologies (including firewalls) to ensure Windows system security.
- Conducts research on Windows-related hardware and software in support of procurement and system development efforts.
- Stays up to date on current technology trends to be able to make recommendations to management on future infrastructure needs and architecture
- Reviews and deploys new Windows service packs, hot fixes, system updates, and vendor-supplied patches according to best practices.
- Develops and maintains Windows training materials and systems documentation for educating end users and new IT staff.
- Performs system backups, security and maintenance.
- Assists staff with training and system issues.
- Manages department assets, including inventory control and the purchasing of desktop, laptops and peripherals as needed.
- Manages and administers security software to ensure all end-point computing devices and servers are protected from web-based attacks, viruses, and other malicious software.
- Manages and administers servers and services for the company’s Intranet website and other reporting and informational platforms.
- Manages security to include user access, data management, integration, and daily support functions.
- Identifies and learns appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Participates in weekend and/or evening support rotations.
- Other duties as assigned.
No management/supervisory responsibility
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university or college, and a minimum of 5 years of related experience [the degree can be substituted with experience on a year-for-year basis with a maximum substitution of 4 years).
5+ years’ experience installing, configuring, operating and maintaining hardware and software with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, GPOs, Active Directory, MSSQL Server, IIS, WSUS and Exchange, Microsoft CRM, and VMWare;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 10 desktop;
- Advanced knowledge of designing and implementing Active Directory and related services DNS, WINS, DHCP, FRS, DFS and WSUS, GPO creation and administration;
- Working technical knowledge of Server and Desktop Microsoft operating systems;
- Advanced knowledge of application support with Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, backup software, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Exchange, IT project implementation and Microsoft SharePoint, IIS;
- Working knowledge of VMware ESX/ESXi and vCenter, including design and engineering, as well as administration;
- Ability to design, implement and test physical and virtual system disaster recovery solutions;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service orientation;
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required;
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language;
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets and the ability to pay attention to detail;
- Ability to be highly self-motivated and directed;
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Ability to proficiently present technical and business subjects to technical and non-technical audiences; and
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation during off hours and weekends.
TMA Systems (TMA) is a technology company located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. For more than 30 years, TMA has been transforming organizations by providing facility professionals with the most technologically advanced Maintenance Management solutions available.
Utilizing WebTMA, TMA’s flagship solution, organizations can manage their strategic assets throughout their entire lifecycle. Our comprehensive web-based solutions are tailored to a variety of industries that have a desire to effectively streamline maintenance operations. TMA is setting new standards for organizations to account for, maintain, and extend the useful life of their physical assets. In a budget-conscious world, TMA provides a solution that will maximize return-on-investment (ROI).
We are a global organization with over 1,500 clients that has developed industry-leading solutions based on what our clients need to be successful. How do we achieve this? We solicit our clients and take the time to understand how our products are used in their business; coupled with a culture that produces world-class people with a client-service mindset. At TMA we realize that success is only possible with team members that share our passion for excellence.
Care to join us?
Why work at TMA Systems?
- Competitive compensation plan.
- 401(K) Contribution.
- Employer-paid benefits: health, dental, and vision.
- $50 per month ($25 per pay period) to use for extra office equipment, wellness activities, or anything that will make your remote work more productive, comfortable, and enjoyable.
- Professional development plans.
- Career progression/internal mobility opportunities.
- Inclusive work environment.
- Volunteering opportunities.
- Company/team building events.
- This role can be fully remote.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at TMA, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.