TULSA, OK, April 5, 2017 – Orange County recently selected a new CMMS for their Public Works Department. The County will utilize WebTMA for online work requests, managing their preventive maintenance program, and to gain better control over in-house inventory.
Alan Dorman of Orange County stated, “The key requirements for a CMMS replacement system were that the system be secure, scalable, and accessible from multiple platforms, that it integrate well with our existing business applications, and that it provide high quality, easily customizable reporting.” The robust CMMS solution provided by TMA will accomplish all of these requirements for the County.
Dustin Taylor, President of TMA, stated, “We’re very pleased that Orange County chose to partner with TMA. It is the partnerships we have with organizations, such as the County, that continue to make us a leading CMMS provider for state and local governments.”
About TMA Systems
For more than 30 years, TMA Systems has been recognized as a world-class provider of advanced Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS). These software solutions have been developed for organizations that want to effectively manage their assets and streamline their maintenance operations. Our leading-edge solutions are a key tool for managers who recognize that maintaining their facilities’ assets and providing the highest level of service are imperative in meeting the high standards demanded by their organizations. Most importantly, the information generated by these solutions will provide managers with the ability to make better decisions, run operations more efficiently, and achieve the ultimate goal — improve their organizations’ financial performance.
Worldwide, more than 1,500 TMA clients maintain in excess of 55,000 facilities, representing 4.5 billion square feet of space. TMA’s products, along with world-class services, are key reasons TMA is the preferred solution for facility professionals throughout the world. TMA’s advanced solutions meet or exceed the needs of education, healthcare, corporate, government, telecommunication, transportation, manufacturing, and retail organizations.
Orange County is located in the North Carolina piedmont between the Research Triangle Park and the Triad cities of Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and High Point. It is in the top quarter of North Carolina counties based on population, with over 135,000 citizens, an estimated ten-year growth rate of over 15%, and a mid-range land size of approximately 400 square miles. There are three incorporated municipalities located primarily in the county: Hillsborough, which is the county seat; the Town of Chapel Hill, which is home to the University of North Carolina; and Carrboro. Parts of the City of Mebane and the City of Durham are also located in Orange County.
The Orange County seat of Hillsborough was founded in 1754 on land where the Great Indian Trading Path crossed the Eno River and was first owned, surveyed, and mapped by William Churton (a surveyor for Earl Granville). Originally to be named Orange, it was named Corbin Town (for Francis Corbin, a member of the governor’s council and one of Granville’s land agents), and renamed Childsburgh (in honor of Thomas Child, the attorney general for North Carolina from 1751–1760 and another one of Granville’s land agents) in 1759. It was not until 1766 that it was named Hillsborough, after the Earl of Hillsborough, the British secretary of state for the colonies and a relative of royal Governor William Tryon.
Hillsborough was used as the home of the North Carolina state legislature during the American Revolution. Hillsborough served as a military base by British General Charles Cornwallis in late February 1781. The United States Constitution drafted in 1787 was controversial in North Carolina. Delegate meetings at Hillsboro in July 1788 initially voted to reject it for anti-federalist reasons. They were persuaded to change their minds partly by the strenuous efforts of James Iredell and William Davie and partly by the prospect of a Bill of Rights. The Constitution was later ratified by North Carolina at a convention in Fayetteville.