TULSA, OK, September 1, 2014 – TMA Systems, a leader in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), today announced its release of the BIM Interface. The BIM Interface enables facility professionals to connect Autodesk® Revit® models to WebTMA to help manage space, plan maintenance, and more.
Conventional wisdom says building information modeling (BIM) is a tool used mostly by architects and designers working on new construction projects. However, the BIM Interface allows organizations to realize the value BIM provides for operations and maintenance.
The interface helps organizations eliminate information loss and leverage the data in BIM models to improve communication and collaboration between architects, engineers, contractors, and facility managers as a building evolves. This provides an opportunity to share building information during initial design and construction, building operations, and a renovation project, which means organizations can leverage BIM models throughout the life of a building.
Features and Benefits
- Import new records into WebTMA from the location and asset hierarchy in the BIM model
- Update existing records in WebTMA to reflect changes in the BIM model
- Update existing element properties in the BIM model to reflect changes made in WebTMA
- Populate element properties in the BIM model with historical maintenance information from WebTMA
- Build WebTMA location and asset data from existing BIM models
- Quickly populate new BIM models with data from WebTMA
- Store relevant historical maintenance information directly in the BIM model for analysis